Monday, June 28, 2010

Two More Days


The clock is now officially ticking in my head.
I think I've reached the point of being aware of each hour ticking by in descending order from 48. The morning brings the biggest rush because 6-8 of them pass by while I snooze.

5am, Sunday morning: woken sharply by the sensation of a colony of butterflies nose-diving into and out of my belly at the speed of light. Waking to such a whirlwind is not fun, especially on a Sunday.

It has now hit me that Wed., 6/30 is THE day. Since being told we have two court dates, my focus has been on 7/14 (the one WE attend if 6/30 goes well). As of Sunday, things have turned 180 degrees. There is so much riding on 6/30 that it makes my head hurt if I think about it too much, so I'm not.

Tomorrow we start our day at 8:30am at the immigration office by updating our fingerprints. I later have two work-events after 6pm which are sure to keep me busy and take me straight into the Wednesday workday which is where I will be in meetings most of the morning. So, in theory, I really only have about 20 minutes to wait for this call.

Yes, I wish it worked like that. I've packed my schedule to the brim through Wed. and have a massage scheduled for Thursday. Whatever the outcome, I'm certain a massage will be in order by then.

I'm really curious to see how this goes. As one of the first families with two court dates, will MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) and the courts be overly meticulous with our file, likely causing a delay? or is there the outside possibility that's already occured because of the new laws, making these final steps continue to move forward with no delays? There is no way to know and that's what makes me resort back to...it makes my head hurt if I think about it too much, so I'm not.

What I will happily think about...
A mom who is currently in Ethiopia and who has visited Baby N multiple times, informed us that his favorite thing right now is bouncing in the jumper! You know, those things that clamp onto a doorway? HA! For some reason I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that, thinking how wonderful it is that he has a jumper. We're getting one asap for him and may pick up a second to take with us when we travel to leave at the care center. If he's getting this much joy from it, then we must pass this along so other kiddies can do the same.

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHH, butterflies indeed!!!

    For what it's worth, last year around this time it seemed like people were passing through court pretty easily, perhaps in order to clear the queue before the rainy season.

    Hoping you breeze right through this last stage and go get that handsome little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you get great news on the 30th!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting on pins and needles on the 30th to hear the news. I hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my fingers and toes are crossed for you guys!!!!!! I love that he is a jumper;).

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the he is a jumper! I can just picture it - so cute!!!
    My nerves are reaching new heights for you and for me! HOPING for good news all around! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. butterflies indeed!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxox and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck good luck!!! I'll be sending good thoughts up that way!

    ReplyDelete