Friday, June 12, 2009

A Fabulous Friday


All went according to plan at the Secretary of State this morning. I was able to run out before lunch which made a huge difference. If you live in NY and plan to do this yourself, you can be in & out within 20 minutes if you're able to avoid the high traffic of lunch hour. A friendly reminder...ALL DOCS MUST GO TO THE COUNTY CLERK PRIOR TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE.

This was our mistake last week and after seeing the many stunned faces in line today, we weren't the only ones who made this error. I really felt for them.

Upon entering the office, I was greeted by a very nice gentleman who was more than happy to fill me in on what I was to expect during my visit; advising me where to sign, where to stand and where to wait. As I approached Line 1 I began having flashbacks of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld and I had suddenly taken on the role of Elaine.

Apparently, I created two cover sheets which is completely unacceptable. Oh no. There's no time to worry as I am clearly told that what I have done is utterly ridiculous and it is now up to me to choose which cover sheet to attach to my 15 documents. I ask for advice which falls on deaf ears. The growing line of fellow potential victims are now listening to my cover sheet drama. I secretly feel their empathy. I opt for the cover sheet closest to the representative, thinking it's almost across the counter anyway. My decision is met with a *tsk*rolling eyes* and another *tsk*. I pay my fee and proceed quietly to an empty seat.

Fast forward 15 minutes and I am doing cartwheels in my head as I hear "TAAAMMAAAARAAAHHH" shouted through the waiting area. A thick file is handed to me under the glass window. I double check the file containing 15 seals from the Secretary of State. Yay. With a huge sense of accomplishment, I head for the elevator thinking, this was the most productive lunch hour ever.

And it doesn't end there. We received agency approval today! Kai had our certificate casually flopped beside the dish I through my keys in when I walk in the door. I noticed it immediately & squealed. What a great way to start the weekend! We're so excited for our next step and feel so fortunate right now.






3 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a great kick off to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day! You guys are getting so close. Confederation's Cup starts this weekend... we'll be watching. You???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely -
    Torres has a hat trick 17 minutes in!!!

    ReplyDelete